Running Resilience: How Dr. Tyler's SFMA and FMS Screens Tackle Injuries and Pave the Way for Prevention
At Sioux Center Chiropractic in Sioux Center, Iowa, Dr. Tyler is committed to helping runners and athletes maintain peak performance and prevent injuries. With a focus on functional movement, Dr. Tyler uses the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) and Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to adequately diagnose and address the root causes of injuries. In this blog post, we'll explore how running injuries can occur and how Dr. Tyler's expertise in SFMA and FMS can help you stay injury-free.
The Problem with Running Injuries:
Running injuries can occur for various reasons, including overtraining, poor biomechanics, muscle imbalances, and inadequate footwear. Some common injuries among runners are plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, runner's knee, shin splints, and IT band syndrome.
Dr. Tyler's Approach with SFMA and FMS:
Dr. Tyler's expertise in SFMA and FMS allows him to provide targeted care for runners and athletes, focusing on injury prevention and rehabilitation. The SFMA is a comprehensive assessment identifying specific movement dysfunctions and determining the root cause of pain or injury. On the other hand, the FMS is a screening tool that identifies movement limitations, asymmetries between the left and right sides of the body, and potential areas of injury risk.
Benefits of SFMA and FMS for Runners:
By incorporating the SFMA and FMS in his evaluations, Dr. Tyler can create a customized treatment plan that targets the underlying causes of injury, helping runners:
• Improve mobility and stability
• Correct muscle imbalances
• Enhance running biomechanics
• Prevent future injuries
Dr. Tyler's expertise in SFMA and FMS at Sioux Center Chiropractic enables him to provide comprehensive care for runners and athletes in Sioux Center, Iowa. By addressing the root causes of running injuries, these techniques help individuals improve their performance, prevent injuries, and enjoy their sport.
Are you a runner or athlete experiencing pain or limitations? Contact Sioux Center Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tyler and experience the benefits of SFMA and FMS firsthand.
- Cook G, Burton L, Hoogenboom B. Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function - part 1. N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2006;1(2):62-72.
- Cook G, Burton L, Hoogenboom B. Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function - part 2. N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2006;1(3):132-9.
- Kiesel K, Plisky PJ, Voight ML. Can Serious Injury in Professional Football be Predicted by a Preseason Functional Movement Screen? N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2007;2(3):147-58.