Dr. Tyler is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®). The CCSP® is the largest recognized Chiropractic Certification resulting in around 5000+ Certified Sports Chiropractors. The CCSP® certification requires the doctor to attend a minimum of 100 hours of a 120 hour postgraduate program. Following the completion of these hours, the doctor must take and successfully pass a comprehensive written examination to receive the CCSP® certification.
A sports chiropractor is an extremely trained and expertprovider of chiropractic care that has high-level training in sports medicine. Sports chiropractors concentrate on the prevention and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries as well as, sport-specific power strength and conditioning techniques.
Sports Chiropractors have various therapy options in addition to joint manipulations and mobilizations. Below are a some of the methods that you may receive from a sports chiropractor:
- Myofascial release
- Exercise rehabilitation
- Strength training
- StretchingCore strengthening exercises
- Kinesiology Taping
- Advanced soft tissue techniques (Active Release Techniques®, Graston, IASTM)
Sports Chiropractors typically provide treatment for high-level, elite athletes, but they also provide services to everyday people.
No matter the fitness or athletic level you are at, a sports Chiropractor has the clinical experience, expertise, and tools to care for everything from the rehabilitation of an injury to getting you to achieve your personal best. Sports Chiropractic is not only for athletes, this variety of treatment can also help individuals who want to limit injuries and increase function and mobility.
BENEFITS TO ATHLETES
- Faster recovery from injury — get back to play sooner
- Access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Expertise in high-performance athletics and preventive strategies
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition consulting
- Individualized treatment
- Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
BENEFITS TO NON-ATHLETES
- Fast and specific evaluation of injury
- Reduced treatment duration; less visits
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach wellness model (limiting exposure to adverse side effects)
- Take advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletics
At Sioux Center Chiropractic in Sioux Center, IA our Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician is trained and versed in all of the the most up-to-date and evidence-based manual therapy techniques and also has experience in exercise science. The blend of Chiropractic treatments and manual therapies along with a personalized exercise formula lets us help you through the rehabilitation process and quicken your return to play in a safe and proficient manner.